Friday, March 5, 2010


















These are Leah's pets Max and Tobi exploring Oklahoma's big blizzard of 2009. Last night my friends and I gathered for our weekly dinner. We started this tradition about a year and a half ago, and it has been a wonderful way to stay connected as we all branch out into our lives with our jobs, engagements, and school. It's something I really look forward to, as each week one of us cooks a giant meal and everyone else supplies wine, salad, and dessert. Our conversations are normally pretty colorful and range from politics to international travels to raunchy personal stories.

Leah cooked last night and we had roasted chicken, green bean casserole, salad, cornbread, and no bake cookies. It was very very tasty. Then we all settled in to watch Jim and Pam from the Office have their baby. It was nice to know that the baby was conceived in a porta-potty at Running Man. I loved that Angela and Dwight decided to have a baby. Angela is one of my favorite characters; she's so uptight, religious and quirky. Of course they wrote a parenting contract. Of course it had a clause that that baby would be male.

It was a great episode and I loved every minute of it, mostly because I imagine Russell will be a lot like Jim was when I go into labor: excited, worried, frazzled, etc. He's normally very cool under pressure relating to everything else, but I can easily see him entering OMG territory while trying to keep me calm. Although, I don't really see him diapering any cats to prepare for the baby. Maybe the dogs. I think I'd enjoy watching Sophie waddle around in a diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment