Tuesday, March 2, 2010

17 weeks and some
















This is a pic of my mom and me. I'm a few days past 17 weeks at this point, and I'm feeling much better than I was in the first trimester. The nausea is still tapering off, but now it's a lot more infrequent. It's usually only triggered by a multitude of environmental elements, such as a girl sitting next to me on the bus who smells like she deep fried her hair and a man sitting behind me wrestling with about 10 pounds of phlegm in his throat. That was a fun trip.

Emotionally, I've been feeling a bit blue, but I think that has more to do with the weather than with my pregnancy hormones. This weather is the primary reason I never wanted to go to school in the northwest, even though the scenery is far more beautiful than in Oklahoma. It's been consistently windy, cold, and dark here. Come on Oklahoma! You can do it! Give me some light and warmth! Give me some flowers and gentle breezes! I want to get a pedicure and wear skirts! Spring Break cannot get here fast enough. I know Houston won't let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment